- HANGINSHAW, a village, in the parish of Cathcart, Upper ward of the county of Renfrew, 1 mile (N. N. E.) from Cathcart; containing 143 inhabitants. It is seated in the eastern part of the parish, and a short distance east of the road from Cathcart to Glasgow; the Cart water flows south of the village.
A Topographical dictionary of Scotland. Samuel Lewis. 1856.
Look at other dictionaries:
Cathcart — CATHCART, a parish, partly in the Lower ward of the county of Lanark, but chiefly in the Upper ward of the county of Renfrew; including the villages of New and Old Cathcart, Clarkston, Crosshill, Crossmy loof, Hanginshaw, Langside, Millbridge … A Topographical dictionary of Scotland